MTCS (UK) Ltd, specialists in competence certification and training for safety-critical activities in the energy sector, have announced the launch of a new online training and assessment platform to further enhance their portfolio of services.
The launch of MTCS Online has been set for Monday 1st April 2019 and will be rolled-out to all existing customers as well as being made available to new clients.
Richard Warburton is MD of MTCS (UK) Ltd: “The continuing move towards digitalisation in the offshore energy sector is something we fully embrace. Since founding in 2004 we have responded to the challenges faced within the field of learning and development, in particular the verification of competence across an international offshore industry.”
The existing MTCS platform is already used by over 5,000 energy industry professionals worldwide and allows individuals around the world to access and upload documentation relating to their assessment, verification and certification of competence.
The new portal has been developed as a direct result of comments, feedback and input from both contracting companies and freelance personnel, with the result being a new digital platform with enhanced usability and comprehensive learning resources.
The new version of MTCS Online offers the same robust functionality along with additional features which shall enhance the experience of users seeking verification and certification of competence, including:
• New user-friendly dashboards and easy navigation.
• Clear displays indicating progress when working through training and competence certification.
• Dedicated folders within a candidate’s portal for storing of evidence and quick access to personal information.
• GDPR compliant notifications from MTCS such as notification of certificate expiry or new updates or regulations which users need to be aware of.
MTCS are also planning a programme of ‘Help Videos’ to support both contracting companies and individuals using the updated system.
Managers using the system will be provided exclusive access to their own personnel who are registered on the MTCS Online system with a dedicated dashboard providing:
• A range of reports on candidates’ progress towards final certification.
• Secure manager’s access to a candidate’s verification from MTCS (UK) Ltd.
• Early notification of impending expiry dates on certificates.
• Access to manager-focused ‘Help Videos’ providing guidance on the system.
• Support to shore-based managers involved in the administration of competence.
The software is now in the final development stages and stress-testing of the portal is underway to ensure that every user has a great experience with it from the moment it is launched.
“We are incredibly excited about the launch of the new system and feel this is another big step forward in the industry, streamlining whole process of competence certification whilst maintaining the highest standards of integrity that the global energy industries have come to expect from MTCS (UK) Ltd.” adds Richard Warburton.